Consent & “Means No” Banners
Raise Awareness On Campus:
So many students are unaware of what consent can and will do for them. Why leave them hanging? Hang these banners on campus and create an atmosphere where consent is not only normalized, it’s encouraged!
Bring To Events:
New scenery at events can bring a lot of new faces as well as keep the veterans coming back. Plus, you can think of these banners as a way to resonate students’ personal accounts with consent throughout campus. As well, you will give your campus a glimpse into what consent looks like at your school.
Trying to get a conversation started at your table? Make it a consensual conversation by enticing your peers with this banner. It’ll also help you to get some action on your sign up sheets. Plus, from my experiences, college campus tables are a little over 6 ft in width. This poster is 6 ft in width. Coincidence? I think not.
Foster Important Discussion:
Each of the phrases represented provides an opportunity for a vibrant discussion on consent. Entry points to these conversations can be:
- How do each of the phrases represent consent at your university?
- What does the phrase say about your schools (or perhaps even organization’s) hookup culture?
- What is missing on this poster?
- What is covered on this poster?
- What positive aspects of consent does this poster highlight?
- How does that relate to your student organization?
- Does it relate to your work or just your culture?
- Is there anything on these posters that shouldn’t be there?